VinciLingua is an open-access teaching and learning environment based on the concepts of exploration and generation. Unlike typical approaches based on canned (and therefore static) teaching materials, in VinciLingua, questions, answers and analyses are generated in real time from a grammar. The software behind VinciLingua was developed in the School of Computing at Queen's University, and the teaching and learning materials themselves by various colleagues.
This site contains materials of three sorts:
- interactive language exercises for a variety of languages
- online textbooks
- shareable learning modules which use various web technologies and natural language generation
They may be accessed by clicking on the appropriate button at the top of this page.
See also related pages for more details on:
- the philosophy behind the project and its implementation
- information on how to obtain or use our materials or software, or to contact us
- a fuller history of the project.